The Landings Association to Re-Open Some Facilities and Amenities on June 1
The COVID-19 pandemic has not yet passed, making it necessary for people everywhere to continue taking precautions to prevent the spread of the virus.
The Landings Association will begin phasing in limited use of some facilities and amenities on June 1. Following is how this looks for specific amenities throughout the community.
The Landings Association’s Soccer Field (Athletic Field Complex and practice field)
- One soccer goal will be returned to the Athletic Field Complex (600 Landings Way South) and another on the practice soccer field located near the water tower on Landings Way South to assist with drills and skill development. These practice activities can be conducted with physical distancing. Field reservations remain suspended and the use of the fields is first-come, first-served. Soccer tournaments, scrimmages and games do not lend themselves to social distancing among players and such activities remain prohibited on the fields.
- Basketball is a high contact sport, therefore the basketball court at the Athletic Field Complex remains closed at this time.
Delegal Creek Marina
- The restrooms on Delegal’s fixed pier will be re-opened.
- The screened-in porch area on the fixed pier, as well as the second story Delegal Tower, also will be re-opened, each with a limit of no more than 10 people at any time. Some of the furniture will be removed from the porch area to support social distancing. The use of these open-air facilities remains first-come, first-served.
Sunset Pavilion Building and Restrooms
- The restrooms have remained open and will continue to be, although the main Sunset Pavilion building is not available for private event rentals.
- The screened-in porch area of the Sunset Pavilion is normally open only during community events or with private rentals. Recognizing the space limits on other facilities required by COVID-19, the screened porch will be opened during the day for resident use on a first-come, first-served basis. Modifications to the layout and amount of furniture are being made so residents will have enough room to responsibly social distance.
At this time, reservations for Landings Association amenities (e.g., Sunset Pavilion, meeting rooms, soccer fields, and the Picnic Grounds) remain suspended, as gatherings without structured spacing of at least six feet remain prohibited by the Governor’s Executive Order. Our primary objective is to prevent contributing to the spread of COVID-19 by implementing reasonable and required protocols while enabling residents to responsibly enjoy our amazing environment. Your support in adhering to these protocols is greatly appreciated and will help us ensure that the facilities can remain open for you.
To read about other island re-openings, postponements, and cancellations, please click here.
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2020/05/29/landings-association-re-open-some-facilities-and-amenities-june-1