Trick-or-Treating at The Landings: October 31: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Below are some safety tips:
- Costumes should not drag on the ground or hinder children’s line-of-sight.
- Costumes should be flame-proof and have some type of bright or reflective tape or color.
- Use makeup instead of masks so as not to affect your child’s sightlines.
- Use battery-operated lights in pumpkins rather than candles.
- Approach only houses where you know the occupants and the lights are on.
- Do not criss-cross the street.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Travel in groups with at least one adult.
- Never go inside the home of a stranger.
- Parents should check all treats before allowing children to eat them.
- Homeowners should ensure their walkways are clear and well-lit if they are accepting trick-or-treaters at their homes.
- Motorists and golf cart operators are asked to be particularly careful, as children will be excited and may dart into the street or trail without looking.
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2019/10/16/trick-or-treating-landings-october-31-530-830-pm