Who You Gonna Call?

Wed, 04/17/2024

Contacting Service Providers at The Landings

Often, there is confusion among members regarding who to call for which service. In fact, one common misconception is that The Landings Association has the power to intervene on our members' behalf when dealing with private companies such as pest control companies, waste providers, yard service firms, cable companies, gas providers, and internet and cell phone providers.

Members of The Landings have the freedom to choose various services from the private company of their choice. Please note, the Association cannot get into the middle of billing or service delivery issues between you and your contractor/vendor. The vendor will not discuss your personal account details with us, as we are not the customer.

However, we can provide the best way to reach out to such providers, as detailed below.

  • Comcast/Xfinity - To increase customer service levels and expedite service needs, Comcast/Xfinity has an email option for inquiries and issues exclusively for Landings members. As a courtesy, the form is housed on The Landings Association’s website (www.landings.org/comcastxfinity-inquiry-or-issue). However, The Landings Association does not respond to these emailed requests.
  • Utilities, Inc. is the private water and wastewater company that serves The Landings and can be reached at 912-598-0736 to discuss billing or other issues. To sign up for the EyeOnWater Service to help monitor leaks and water usage, click here.
  • Cell Phone Providers - We have repeatedly reached out to various providers, including Verizon and AT&T, about improving reception on Skidaway Island. At this point, the best advice is for residents to contact the providers directly and request a check at their location for signal strength. If enough residents make such a request, we may see some movement in this area.
  • Georgia Power can be reached at 888-660-5890 for billing or other issues, and at 888-891-0938 to report a power outage. To learn how to sign up for Georgia Power outage alerts, report an outage online, and view the outage map, click here
  • Other Vendors - You will need to contact other vendors, such as pest control, lawn companies, waste collection services, etc., directly. If you believe you are not receiving the service you are paying for or would like to file a formal complaint, you can do so with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started).

This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website.

Visit landings.org to read the original article.