On the Security Scene
On November 1, a Patrol Officer responded to a residence on Palm Glade Court regarding a suspicious incident. The wires of a newly installed light appeared to have been cut by a sharp object. No witnesses or suspects were identified at the time of the report, and no other damage was done to the light or other property.
On October 31, a Patrol Officer responded to Hobcaw Lane regarding property damage. TLA common property and a resident’s driveway were damaged when a vendor attempted to turn around his truck and trailer. Chatham County Police Department (CCPD) was contacted, and the case was turned over to them. The vendor’s insurance company will be contacted for any repairs needed.
On October 26, a Patrol Officer responded to lagoon #148 in Moon River regarding a safety concern expressed by a resident of children fishing in a lagoon with an alligator in the vicinity. The kids were aware of the alligator and agreed not to get too close to the animal or do anything to agitate or attract it. The alligator was observed for several minutes and did not appear to be an imminent threat. The kids departed the immediate area.
Radar Placard Statistics for Franklin Creek Road from October 31, 2022 – November 6, 2022
- Total Vehicle Count – 936
- Posted Speed Limit – 30 MPH
- 85% Speed – 25 MPH
- Average Speed – 18 MPH
- One vehicle was traveling at 37 MPH
- 53 vehicles were traveling between 31 – 35 MPH
- The highest traffic volume was between 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- The most speed violations (31 MPH or over) occurred between 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Warnings and Citations Issued
- Two vendors were issued warnings for not displaying a logo on their trucks. Another vendor with a prior warning was issued a fine for the same violation.
- A vendor was issued a warning for not using safety cones and not displaying a logo on his truck.
- Four vendors were issued warnings for not using safety cones.
- An unaccompanied juvenile with a learner’s permit was given a warning for operating a golf cart without a Driver’s License. No previous violations for the golf cart’s registered owner were found.
- A warning was issued for overnight parking on TLA Common Property without authorization.
- A warning was issued to an unaccompanied guest fishing in a lagoon.
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2022/11/04/security-scene