Did You Know These Facts about THE OHCF?
Did You Know: Annual dues ($100) assist with an activity/$150 (no participation required) and fund minimal operating expenses and the three programs listed below?
- Safe Sleep Baby Bundles provides new baby supplies for at-need mothers at their first well-baby visit.
- Comfort Pillows are sewn and given to hospitalized pediatric patients. Children prop up legs or arms for IV infusions, or some just like to hold them. To date, more than 1,000 Comfort Pillows have been delivered!
- Books are purchased for reading initiatives at children’s nonprofits.
Did You Know: The OHCF collects and distributes new and gently used books to hospitals and local children’s organizations?
Did You Know: 100% of donations and funds raised are given to area nonprofits through our Grants Award program?
Did you Know: The OHCF awarded more than $100,000 to eight worthy nonprofits in 2022, including those listed below?
- Ronald McDonald House purchased the Ronald McDonald Hospitality Cart for pediatrics at Memorial’s Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital. Members make “rounds" to pediatric patients and their families, offering complimentary snacks, toiletries, reading materials, toys & crafts.
- St. Joseph’s/Candler received a grant to purchase a GE Panda Warmer for babies in the NICU.
- 1,100 children in Savannah-Chatham County Public School System benefited from a grant for Savannah Music Festival’s “Musical Explorers” education program.
Did You Know: Members volunteer at St. Joseph’s/Candler and Memorial Health hospitals, holding babies in the NICU, reading to children, or helping family members whose children are in the hospital?
The OHCF ‘s mission is to promote the health, education, and well-being of children through the financial support of child-focused outreach programs in the Coastal Empire of GA and Low Country of SC.
Please consider a membership or donation in support of the children!
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2022/08/01/did-you-know-these-facts-about-ohcf