TFAC a Huge Success
Together For A Cure (TFAC) raised a record $155,628 this year! These funds will remain local and support cancer research at the Mercer University School of Medicine’s Summer Scholars Program and cancer patient care at St. Joseph's/Candler's Nurse Navigation Program. A flat amount also will be
donated to the Stephen Hollenberg Patient Assistance Fund for cancer patients at Memorial Hospital.
Led by Chair Lynda Stockslager and Co-Chari Vicki Marino, more than 60 volunteers worked over the past six months to organize and run the fundraiser. Court sports play (e.g.,tennis, pickleball, bocce,and croquet), a 5k Run, and a one-or-two-mile Fun Walk were held on April 9, and golf tournaments were held on April 13. More than 618 Club members and Landings residents participated!
There were opportunities to purchase tribute doves in honor, or in memory of a loved one, purchase golf hole or court sports signs, and bid in a Silent Auction. “I couldn’t be more pleased with the participation,” commented Lynda Stockslager.
The sponsors also contributed generously to the success of TFAC, for which we are grateful.
- Premier Platinum: ($10,000) Brody Frohn Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Lexus Hilton Head & Chatham Parkway, and Whelan’s Furniture & Accessories
- Platinum: ($7,500) Mike and Peggy Towson
- Gold: ($5,000) JC Lewis, The Landings Company
- Bronze: ($1,500) Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Coastal Care Partners, Optim Orthopedics, Soundview Wealth Advisors, Yates-Astro, Chris Aiken, Libba and Curtis Anderson, Marilyn Brady, Meredith Luce, and Rusty Billingsly
- Donations: Kathy & Bill Porter ($1,000); Golf Cart Center ($750)
The success of this year’s Together For A Cure was a direct result of the generosity and compassion of our Chairs, sponsors, committee members, volunteers, participants, the Club, and TLA. We wholeheartedly thank all of you!
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2022/04/26/tfac-huge-success