Audubon Online Auction May 10
Let the bidding wars begin! As part of its annual fundraiser, Skidaway Audubon is hosting its first-ever online auction, offering a delightful array of indulgent gifts, fabulous experiences and awesome offers.
The auction goes live at 10 a.m. on May 10 and ends at 4 p.m. on May 23. This is a great opportunity to snag the perfect Father’s Day gift, or a treat for yourself or a special someone.Among the fabulous items up for auction are the following:
- Tybee vacation, donated by Toni Floyd, valued at $1,000 - Relax and enjoy a three-night, four-day stay in a beautiful three-bedroom condo overlooking the ocean at the Beachside Colony Resort. The resort offers ocean-side dining, swimming, direct beach access and magnificent views. Plan your getaway now!
- Chris-Craft Cruise on the intracoastal waterway, followed by a delicious dinner at The Wyld, valued at $1,000, donated by Kelly Bouchillon - Start your weekend in style with a scenic boat cruise for four on a 30-foot Chris-Craft. This special outing includes dinner and drinks dockside at The Wyld. Captain Kelly Bouchillon and Co-Captain Eddie Ambrose will be your hosts for this exhilarating three-hour adventure. Schedule for a Friday or Saturday, excluding holidays.
- A day on the links at Chechessee Creek Club, valued at $1,000, donated by Eddie Ambrose - Spend a day at Chechessee Creek Club hosted by Eddie Ambrose. You and two golfers of your choice along with Eddie Ambrose will make up a foursome to play this lovely private course designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, located between Beaufort and Hilton Head. Enjoy lunch at the C3 Clubhouse following the golf round. Caddie fees not included.
- Low County Paver Keystone Firepit, valued at $750, donated by Zipperer and Co. - Enjoy warm, toasty evenings roasting marshmallows with this beautiful Low County Paver Keystone Firepit, installed by Zipperer and Co. Property must be in The Landings with minimal clearing. Patio, furniture, and accessories not included. Gas is an option at an additional cost. Several colors available.
- Round of golf for four at TPC Jasna Polana in Princeton, NJ, valued at $90., donated by Chad Fleming, GM at TPC Jasna Polana - An 18-hole round of golf for one foursome at TPC Jasna Polana complete with complimentary greens fees. TPC Jasna Polana opened as the 15th club in the prestigious Tournament Players Club Network, a subsidiary of the PGA TOUR. The spectacular facility features a Gary Player designed golf course, a 46,000 square foot mansion clubhouse, as well as lodging facilities. Arrangements for this exciting day of golf can be made no earlier than two weeks in advance on any available Tuesday or Thursday. The certificate must be handed in to the Golf Shop on the day that it is redeemed. Cart fees not included. Certificate expires May 31, 2022.
- A one-hour flight in an FAA-certified Amphibious Trike, valued at $300, donated by Amphibian Air - Enjoy an exhilarating experience in this one-hour flight in an Ultralight/Weight Shift Control/Light Sport Aircraft. The open cockpit, powered hang glider is like riding a motorcycle in the sky. Accompanied by an FAA-certified flight instructor, you’ll soar like a bird over our beautiful landscape, and receive a certificate towards a Sport Pilot license.
- OGIO travel bag and balls donated by Calloway Golf, valued at $500 - The perfect traveling companion for your next adventure, the OGIO Layover Travel Bag is a classic. This wheeled bag is roomy yet lightweight for easy lifting, and features lots of pockets. Included with this package are three dozen boxed Titleist ProV1 and three dozen boxed ProV1X golf balls.
- An original oil painting, West Over the Summer Marsh - Opus #2, donated by Martha Hough - Bring serenity to any room with this gorgeous marsh-view landscape by Landings resident Martha Hough. Done in oils on canvas, it measures 25.25 x 19.25 inches. Hough specializes in capturing the beauty of nature. Hough is an active member of the Landings Art Association, a former member of the Providence Art Club, and the recipient of several awards. Follow her on Instagram at marthahough_art or view more of her work at mchough1.wixsite.com/marthacurithough.
- A framed photo of wood storks donated by Dr. Ryan Boland - This beautifully framed photo shows a flock of wood storks reflected in the calm, murky waters of the lagoon on Bartram Road. The scene captures the solitude of the forest and the uncommon beauty of these rare birds. Nature photographer Dr. Ryan Boland is a long-time Skidaway Island resident and Savannah ophthalmologist, as well as a talented underwater photographer. Dr. Boland’s photography highlights the natural beauty of our island, and this dramatic photo is no exception. This piece measures 42 x 30 inches and was framed by Sandfly Custom Framing.
- $300 gift certificate from Low Country Dermatology, donated by Low Country Dermatology of Savannah - Low Country Dermatology is a comprehensive dermatology practice providing exceptional medical dermatology, cosmetic, and esthetician services. It also offers a wide range of skin care products, including acne treatments, anti-aging products, sunscreens, and moisturizers. Look and feel your best with the help of board-certified professionals at Low Country Dermatology.
- Basket of Booze valued at $220, donated by Largo Beverage - Get the party started with a basket of booze from Largo Beverage. This coveted gift set includes Knob Creek Single Barrel Select Bourbon 120 Proof; Oak & Eden finished whiskey - 90 proof bourbon whiskey finished with a toasted oak spiral; Elijah Craig Small Batch 94 Proof Privately Selected Barrel ; Corazon Tequila Single Barrel REPOSA 80 Proof 100% Agave Exclusive single estate Tequila - aged in a world-class Bourbon Barrel; and Savannah Handcrafted Vodka 80 Proof Distilled from select corn and Blue Ridge Spring Water. Two bar towels complete this outstanding collection.
- Asigned photo entitled, Shelter in Place, donated by Jim Guerard, a Savannah transplant whose images have been published in several magazines and have won international competitions. This photo was taken at Silver Salmon Creek in Alaska. It shows a very wet and wild mother bear and her three cubs as they courageously wait out a storm. Guerard followed this pack for days as the mother grizzly struggled to fatten up for the winter, feed her young, and protect them from male grizzlies. The pelting rains epitomize their situation which is reflected in the eyes of the cub as it huddles closer to its mother. This exceptional piece is 16 x 25 inches, on metal, ready for hanging.
To access the online auction, visit skidawayaudubon.org and follow the links to view the catalogue of generously donated items and to register as a bidder. The auction is open to all, golfers and non-golfers alike, and will fund local efforts to help bring monarch butterflies back from the brink of extinction.
The auction is part of the new fun and excitement that Eddie and Caroline Ambrose, Bonnie Kelly and Larry Batanian have brought to Skidaway Audubon’s May 23 FUNdraiser golf tournament, as this year’s tournament co-chairs. The tournament benefits several critically important wildlife initiatives on Skidaway Island. The registration deadline is May 17. Entry cards are available at the pro shops or register online at skidawayaudubon.org.
Set for the Terrapin Point and Palmetto courses, the tournament includes a scramble format, teeing-off from locally crafted butterfly markers on all par five holes, “Deal or No Deal” approaches for quicker play, a Floating Green contest, and a twist on Beat the Pros: it’s a Beat the Kids Challenge! The event will be followed by a happy hour/reception at the Clubhouse with a raffle, presentations and awards. The $150 entry fee includes raffle tickets and the reception.
Skidaway Audubon maintains the largest network of bluebird houses in the Southeast, the largest Diamondback Terrapin rescue project in the Southeast, a state-of-the-art bird cam, an invasive tree removal program, a garden to help reverse the worldwide loss of pollinating insects, bat houses to reduce mosquito populations, and weather stations to promote water saving irrigation practices. It also offers special events such as educational, live wildlife presentations, and promotes environmental awareness and stewardship. To become a hole sponsor for the May 23 tournament, visit skidawayaudubon.org.
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2021/05/05/audubon-online-auction-may-10-%C2%A0