Community Marketing & Real Estate
Fifth in a Series:
Our team and their “rock star” results!
As we prepare to say goodbye to 2020 and after such an astonishing turn of events throughout the year, The Landings Company will have had its largest year since its inception in 1998.
I remember standing at the podium in the Palmetto Ballroom for an annual meeting a few short years ago, where I proudly announced that we had sold $110m in property that year and received spirited applause. Through November 2020, we sold $241m – that’s 45% more than last November 2019’s record pace of $165m!
As the saying goes, it takes a village, and it is very difficult to articulate the intensity and quality of teamwork being executed by our staff and agents to perform at this level. We have nine full-time staff members, the same number we had when I arrived nearly seven years ago, and roughly the same number of agents (34).
We have been surveying our buyers and sellers after their sale or purchase is completed for a few months now. What you, our buyers and sellers, tell us is that we do excellent work, with survey results showing an Overall Satisfaction rate for our sellers of 100% and 99.2% for our buyers. This is a remarkable testament to our agents’ acumen, and numbers like this are rare to see in our industry.
The chart at below demonstrates the dominance of the Company agents’ year-to-date closed transactions on the island.
How do we improve? There is no question that even those at the top of their game benefit from perpetual learning. This includes sales training as well as learning the latest developments within the various departments of the Club and the Association. In late-2020, we committed to training programs, including the following that started in November and will continue through 2021:
- Fitness and Wellness - A full update on activities, classes, and plans from Lukasz Monka, Director of Wellness, was provided on November 18.
- Racket Sports, Bocce, and Croquet - Chris Kader, Director of Court Sports, provided a review of his team’s available classes, team sports, and more on December 2.
- Food and Beverage - Kevin Walters, Director of Club Operations, joined us on December 9 to cover this multi-faceted area of member service.
- Golf - With six courses and golf being such a big part of island life for so many current and future residents, Scott Justman, Director of Golf Operations, will fine-tune our knowledge of the sport.
- Marinas - Marinas Director Larry Sincoskie will provide us with all the key services that he and his team offer with these magnificent TLA amenities.
- Public Works, Skidaway Audubon, and Sustainability - Sean Burgess, Public Works Director will provide updates on these areas.
- Architectural Review Committee - As properties change hands, they may require renovations, repairs, and/or other needs that must be reviewed by this committee. Community Development Manager Erin Schumacher and her team interact with buyers and sellers in the process.
- Security - Security Director Tim Cook and his team cover a broad area of responsibility in keeping our island safe as well as many more, often unseen, services.
- First Responders - Volunteer Marguerite Baxter will fill us in on their critical mission to provide rapid medical response time for our island community with often lifesaving results.
- Sales Training - One of the country’s preeminent experts on amenity community sales will join us for in-person training as soon as its safer to do so in 2021. I’ve known Terry Weaver of the Marketing & Sales Institute for nearly 30 years, and he’s the best there is in his field.
Inventory of homes on the market will be a major determining factor in 2021’s success. If you are interested in selling your home and want the absolute best likelihood of a sale, please call us today (598-0500).
The Landings Company is 100% self-funded and can only continue with your support when selling your home, referring friends and family, or renting your home.
Your Company, The Landings Company!
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2020/12/14/community-marketing-real-estate