Support The Village Library
There still is not a date to reopen The Village Libary. However, volunteers are working hard to make it happen. The Library’s Board has been encouraged by the fact that members have inquired about making monetary donations. Though the Library still is not accepting book donations, the Board is certainly accepting financial donations.
Since the Library closing on March 18, there have been no Last Friday book sales, no book rentals, and no Spring Book Sale. By the end of May, the Library will be short about $8,000. This is a great deal of money for us, since we do not receive any public funding.
The Library is a nonprofit, so all donations are tax deductible. Below are four easy ways to donate to The Village Libray.
1. One easy way to donate is to click here to visit our website and then click the Donate button. This will take you directly to the Library’s PayPal account.
2. Checks can be made payable to The Village Library and deposited in the book drop at the library or mailed to (The Village Library, 1 Skidaway Village Square, Savannah, GA 31411).
3. There is The Village Library Buy a Brick Program. The bricks border the entrance to the library and may be engraved in any way you wish to honor someone (e.g. the names of your grandchildren or a loved one). The bricks are $200 each. To download a form explaining how to buy a brick, click here.
4. A wonderful way to donate is through an Amazon Smile account. Currently, the Library receives about $2000 per year, but you could help increase that number. Amazon donates 0.5% of your AmazonSmile orders to the library. It adds up fast—at no cost to you. Here’s how to do it:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
3. Search for the charity of your choice, which is Village Library Inc.
4. Select Village Library Inc.
5. Start shopping!
6. Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it easy to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Thanks for all your generous support! Please visit us on Facebook at Skidaway Island Village Library or click here.
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2020/05/27/support-village-library