Sea Sisters 2020 Kickoff
The ladies started arriving in multiples. Who would ever think you would find more than 50 women of the same nature? We all love boating!
We call ourselves The Sea Sisters. We are the female counterpart of Carefree Boat Club in The Landings. Our group is an extremely active one, planning and participating in multi-day trips to our sister clubs in places like Jacksonville, Charleston, Atlanta, and Lake Norman, all for boating, shopping, dining, sightseeing, and laughter aplenty.
Locally, we boat to various luncheon sites on the rivers and Intracoastal Waterway. We schedule Deep Sea Fishing trips with local charter companies and routinely fish in smaller groups in our secret, proven successful, fishing spots on our local rivers. Carefree has multiple specialty fishing boats that are allocated for fishing only. Our other excursions are aboard a variety of pleasure boats allocated for that purpose.
No one wants to miss our boat tie-ups, where we each take an appetizer and beverages to share. We all ease out of the marina slip aboard numerous boats, find an open area a significant distance offshore, drop the anchor, and tie the boats together. Then, out comes the food, drinks, sunscreen, music, and abundant laughter, all ultimately meant to build lasting friendships.
Our imagination for event planning is unlimited, and our membership is extremely diverse. We have nurses, teachers, event planners, accountants, lawyers, recruiters, sales and marketing experts, retired military, and more. Some of our members still are in the workforce, and we do our best to plan events that allow them to play with us.
On one particular Monday afternoon, we were hosting our 2020 Kickoff Sea Sister’s Movie Matinee at Linny Dillard’s home. The event was abundant, with tons of food…everything from filet mignon, chicken burrito rollups, brie, dips, salads, an array of cheeses, fruit, and desserts galore. The Bloody Mary Bar could not be outdone and was operated by the most talented bartender. The movie choice was John Huston’s original story of African Queen,starring Audrey Hepburn and Humphry Bogart. I promise you if you watched this 1940’s movie alone, your perception would have never held up to the laughter and giggles the Sisters found on screen.
The large screen theater viewing room was immersed in the mouthwatering movie popcorn smell coming from the commercial popcorn maker that worked tirelessly in the corner. Free for the taking were actual movie-sized boxes of candy. Needless to say, the time flew by, and we were left talking for days about the great time the ladies all had enjoyed.
Beyond groups of sisters planning smaller fishing and luncheon excursions, we also quarterly celebrate our Sisters’ birthdays. Do you think you might like to join us? Membership is open to all Carefree Members, and if you are single and/or your spouse isn’t into boating, Carefree offers a reduced membership for a solo Sea Sister. Email Chris Ragland (email@example.com) for more information.
Below is our 2020 Calendar of Events:
- Sunday, February 23 @ 1 to 3 p.m. - Knot Again!! @ Ruth McMullin’s house (8 Breckenridge Lane - MW)
- Saturday, March 7- Understanding the Tides - Ruth
- Saturday, March 14 @ 10:30 a.m. Skull Creek - Landings Harbor
- Saturday, April 11 - Charts and Planning a Trip - Ruth
- Sunday, April 19 @ 11 a.m. - Pot Luck Raft-Up - Delegal Marina
- Sunday, May 3 @ 3 p.m. - Birthday Party - Birthdays for Apr/May/Jun - Megan
- Sunday, May 17 @ 10:30 a.m. - Sunbury Crab - Delegal
- Tuesday, June 23 @ 10:30 a.m. New Cut Cruise - Delegal
- Monday, July 20 - Turtle Hatching Ossabaw (TBD)
- Thursday, August 13 @ 4 p.m. Marker 107 Dinner - Delegal
- Sunday, August 16 @ 3 p.m. Birthdays for Jul/Aug/Sept
- Thursday, September 10 @ 10:30 a.m. - Fish Camp - Landings Harbor
- Saturday, October 10 @ 11 a.m. - Daufuskie - Landings Harbor
- Thursday, November 5 @ 11 a.m. - Tubby’s (Long way) - Landings Harbor
- Saturday, November 21 @ 3 p.m. Birthdays for Oct/Nov/Dec
- Sunday, December 14 @ 2 p.m. - Planning Meeting for 2021
- Fishing w/ Captain Judy - in the planning stages (Laurie)
- September 14-16 Monday-Wednesday - Foreign Reservation - Charleston - Liz
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2020/02/14/sea-sisters-2020-kickoff