Cooler temperatures have slowed our boat traffic and enabled us to start on our to-do list. We will kick off the New Year with a spruced-up appearance for all to enjoy! One of our larger projects this winter is repairing the sea wall at Landings Harbor Marina. At the recommendation of Thompson Engineering, we are making necessary storm repairs to the piles and sheet metal. The company chosen for the job, The Industrial Company (TIC), has extensive experience with this type of repair and should be completed well before spring 2020. Feel free to drop by the Marina to check out their progress before they wrap up!
In 2020, we are excited to offer great experiences for the community, such as fishing courses, a beach cleanup day, and the extremely popular Sunset Cruises. Captain Mike Neal’s cruises are offered out of both Marinas, so be sure to check the calendar on our website (www.landings.org/calendar) regularly to ensure you snag your seats before they sell out.
As you visit our Marinas, we ask that you keep the following rules in mind to ensure proper service and safety for you, your family, and friends.
- When you arrive at the Harbor to go out on the water, please visit the store clerk first to request your boat be moved. It can be hazardous seeking out a forklift driver when the forklift is running. For those who enjoy kayaking and paddle boarding, please do not paddle inside the Harbor, as it can be dangerous when powerboats are present. If you must enter the Harbor, please exercise extreme caution upon entering and exiting.
- As a safety precaution, we ask that residents do not enter the boat racks unless accompanied by a staff member. If you need something out of your boat, we gladly will bring your boat to a wash rack.
- If you are planning a kayak rental or a boat trip from the Marinas for more than a day, a float plan should be made and left at the Harbor Store or Delegal’s Harbor Master’s Office.
- Always be mindful of the weather and check the forecast before boating. We strongly advise against boating during a small craft advisory. We have a windsock at both marinas to help you determine wind speed and direction before leaving the basin.
- If you need help with anything, including taking your kayak down from the rack, our friendly staff are readily available to assist you.
- The 2020 dredging project is set to begin in March and should be completed by April. As always, we greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout the duration of the project.
Remember, the best way to stay current with what’s happening at the Marinas is to visit our website (www.landings.org/marinas). The site gives you accurate weather and tide information for the Marinas, current maritime news, and the latest Marina events and happenings. You also can like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/The-Landings-Marinas-139666659475374/) and sign up for our email blast.
We are looking forward to another great year with you on the water!
This article was originally published by The Landings Association on their website. Visit landings.org to read the original article. https://landings.org/news/2020/01/03/marinas-update